Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals working in a learning and development role, such as assessors or trainers, who are required to deliver teaching or training and assess skills, knowledge and understanding in the workplace, workshops, classrooms and other training environments. It aims to equip candidates with the knowledge of how to plan and deliver learning sessions that incorporate assessment. This method of learning is ideally suited for those looking to balance professional studies with an existing role.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, a VIS representative will conduct an initial assessment with reference to skills and knowledge to identify any gaps which will also help plan a tailored process of learning. With the increasing value associated with vocational qualifications and apprenticeships, the requirement for qualified Assessors has never been higher.
Each candidate is required to produce an online portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each of units detailed below:
- Principles of teaching, training and assessment
- Delivery of teaching, training and assessment
What typical assessment methods will be used?
- Candidate observation
- Professional discussion
- Witness testimony
- Work product evidence
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Recognition of Prior Learning
NVQ Level 3 Summary
- Cost: £650
- Course Level: Level 3 – is equivalent to A Level.
- Course duration: 6 months – 2 years
- Study method: Flexible learning
- Evidence submission: Online portfolio
- Support: An assigned assessor will guide you through the process
- Achievement: There are no exams, you are either competent or not yet competent
- Value: Nationally recognised