Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at those who maintain quality of assessment within organisations or assessment centres. The qualification includes a unit that covers all the essential knowledge and understanding that
Internal Quality Assurers need, plus one that specifically addresses competent practice. The objective of this qualification is to assess the performance of a learning and development practitioner with responsibility for the internal quality assurance of assessment. This method of learning is ideally suited for those looking to balance professional studies with an existing role.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, a VIS representative will conduct an initial assessment with reference to skills and knowledge to identify any gaps which will also help plan a
tailored process of learning. With the increasing value associated with vocational qualifications and apprenticeships, the requirement for qualified Assessors has never been higher.
Each candidate is required to produce an online portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their
achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each of the units detailed below:
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assessing the quality of Assessment
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
What typical assessment methods will be used?
- Candidate observation
- Professional discussion
- Witness testimony
- Work product evidence
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Recognition of Prior Learning
NVQ Level 4 Summary
- Cost: £650
- Course Level: Level 4 – is equivalent to Higher National Diploma (HND) or Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Course duration: 6 months – 2 years
- Study method: Flexible learning
- Evidence submission: Online portfolio
- Support: An assigned assessor will guide you through the process
- Achievement: There are no exams, you are either competent or not yet competent
- Value: Nationally recognised